Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Why are some Americans opposed to health care reform?

I'm opposed to the plan being discussed because it's just a way to sign more people up for insurance. Under the bill being proposed everyone will be required to purchase health insurance or face a fine. Right now I have no insurance, nor do I want it, but under this bill I'll have to pay a fine or go to jail. How is that helping my health? I pay my health bills in cash, which keeps me from going to the doctor unless it's absolutely necessary. I don't need the all powerful state to tell me I'm not responsible enough and for my own good they're going to take my money and give it to somebody else for their healthcare. I can barely afford the cost of living these days, and now the government wants to pile on to my expenses when I'm not even sick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment